Saturday, December 19, 2015

Rainbow 6 Hit for $129,000 at Gulfstream

There was just one winning ticket in the Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream Park on Friday, and it paid a jackpot of $129,904.18.

The big factor in knocking out many other Rainbow 6 bettors was the win by 27-1 shot Golden Ray in the ninth race, a $41,000 allowance at one mile on dirt for 2-year-olds.

The odds on Golden Ray were  the highest in the six-horse field. He shot out to the lead and held on to win by 1 1/4 lengths over Destin, the 3-10 favorite trained by Todd Pletcher and ridden by  Javier Castellano.  

Destin came into the race off an  impressive first-out victory at seven furlongs at Belmont Park. Many bettors  had  no doubt singled him in the Rainbow 6.

Golden Ray came into Friday’s race with two wins and two seventh place finishes in his four previous starts.

Golden Ray was ridden by Miguel Vasquez and won in 138.53.  He is trained by Juan Rodriguez who is stabled at Calder (Gulfstream Park West).

The Rainbow 6 is a 20-cent per combination only bet on the day's last six races.

Going into Friday’s tenth and final race, eight horses were live to take down the jackpot, It included a carryover of $69,649 built over seven racing programs since being hit for $44,230.54 on Dec. 9. Flash Jak ($15.40) won the 10th race finale to complete the 13-10-6-3-4-1 sequence, giving jockey Raul Mena his first victory in the United States.

Gulfstream pays out the full Rainbow 6 pool of the day's bets (minus the 20 percent takeout) plus he carryover only on days  when there is just one ticket with all six winners.

On other days Gulfstream divides 70 percent of the day's pool (minus the takeout) among tickets with the most winners and puts the remaining 30 percent into the carryover. 

Golden Ray also triggered a  $10,478.85 payout on the 50-cent Pick 5.  There were ten winning tickets.

All of the other winning  horses in Friday's Rainbow 6 sequence were at 8-1 odds or lower, including two favorites.

* Luis Saez rode four  winners  on Friday, giving him 11 for the meet and placing him second to Castellano  who has 15.  Saez finished second to Castellano in wins in last season’s Gulfstream championship meet.
-- Jim Freer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comment to our blog. It will be moderated and approved in a timely manner, then posted. Thanks for reading !

HorseRacing FLA staff