HRFLA Staff Report
The entries for Saturday's $1 million Preakness Stakes (Grade 1) are listed below.
The prospective field includes Medina Spirit, who as of early Thursday remained embroiled in a controversy over a failed drug test following his victory on May 1 in the Kentucky Derby (Grade 1) at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
Pimlico Race Course on Tuesday allowed Medina Spirit to be entered in the Preakness after the colt's trainer Bob Baffert agreed to let the Maryland Jockey Club, which operates Pimlico, to conduct blood testing and other monitoring in addition to that of the Maryland Racing Commission.
Medina Spirit drew Post 3 and was installed as the 9-5 morning line favorite in a ten-horse field.
The 1 3/16 mile Preakness (Grade 1) has a scheduled post of 6:47 p.m. Eastern on Saturday at Pimlico in Baltimore. It will be the 13tth race on a 14-race card that has first post of 10:30 a.m,
Medina Spirit was vanned from Churchill Downs to Pimlico on Monday May 10. He has been training on the Pimlico track since Tuesday.
We will have preview stories of the Preakness beginning Thursday, along with updates on the situation on Medina Spirit.
Here are post positions for the Preakness--with trainers, jockeys and morning line odds.
1. Ram--D.W. Lukas, R. Santana Jr, 30-1
2. Keepmeinmind--R. Diodoro, D. Cohen, 15-1
3. Medina Spirit--B. Baffert, J. Velazquez, 9-5
4. Crowded Trade-C. Brown,J. Castellano, 10-1
5. Midnight Bourbon-S. Asmussen, I Ortiz, 5-1
6. Rombauer--M. McCarthy, F. Prat, 12-1
7. France Go de Ina--I. Mori, J. Rosario, 20-1
8. Unbridled Honor--T. Pletcher, L. Saez, 15-1
9. Risk Taking--C. Brown, J. Ortiz, 15-1
10. Concert Tour-- B.Baffert, M. Smith, 5-2