Gulfstream Park on Saturday will have the opening races in the four divisions of this year’s Florida Sire Stakes Series.
The four divisions are: two-year-old males; two-year-old fillies; two-year-old fillies; three-year-old males and three-old fillies.
Saturday’s Sire Stakes races are part of a 12-race card with first post at 12:35 p.m.
The card also has the $75,000 Soaring Softly Stakes at one mile on turf for Florida-bred fillies and mares three-year-olds and up.
On Saturday, the Rainbow 6 carryover is $317,841.65. It is on races seven to 12.
The carryover continues to grow because Friday was the 20th straight race day without the carryover/jackpot payoff requirement of just one ticket with the winners of all six Rainbow 6 races.
The Saturday stakes schedule, with scheduled post times, is listed at the end of this article.
During the afternoon on our blog we will have previews of the $200,000 Dr. Fager (9th race) for two-year-old males and of the $200,000 Desert Vixen (11th race) for two-year-old fillies.
The Sire Stakes Series is restricted to sons and daughters of Florida-based stallions whose owners have nominated them for the program, which is administered by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association (FTBOA).
Purse Money is provided by the FTBOA, Gulfstream and the Florida Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association.
The Sire Stakes has three races in each division. The series will continue on Sept. 3 and conclude on Oct. 1.
The Saturday stakes:
* Second race—1:03 p.m.—Sire Stakes: $150,000 Three Ring – three-year-old fillies, six furlongs on dirt
* Third Race – 1:31 p.m. – Sire Stakes: $150,000 Unbridled – three-year-olds, six furlongs on dirt
* Fourth Race--1:59 p.m. -- $75,000 Soaring Softly – Florida-breds fillies and mares three-years-old and up, one mile on turf
* Ninth race—4:43 p.m.—Sire Stakes: $200,000 Dr. Fager, two-year-old males, six furlongs on dirt
* Eleventh race – 5:52 p.m.—Sire Stakes: $200,000 Desert Vixen – two-year-old fillies, six furlongs on dirt